Wednesday 5 January 2011

Existing Music Magazine Front Cover Analysis


This is the front cover of Billboard magazine, it is a music magazine that targets a similar market as my music magazine - teenage girls. I will analyse this cover in order to help me with my own magazine cover.

Photograph
Taylor Swift is looking directly at the camera/reader, this is effective as it catches the reader's attention. The photagraph is positioned in the centre of the page which is conventional for any magazine. Therefore I will position my photograph in the centre of the page. The photograph covers up part of the masthead as Billboard is a popular magazine with a huge target market so it is confident enough to cover part of the masthead. My magazine will have a smaller target market, therefore I will not cover the masthead with the photograph.

Mise-en-scene
The colour of the magazine cover's background is grey, this matches Taylor Swift's clothing which is white. Her blonde hair and pale make-up also match the mise-en-scene of the cover. This is effective because the cover looks professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment